Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Why does installing WinBacula NEVER work?

2012-03-16 10:41:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Why does installing WinBacula NEVER work?
From: Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:39:13 +0000
We have mostly windows clients so I've had to do this a few times in the last
2 weeks as I roll things out.

I have found that if you go through the install and default everything the
install works but the client dies on startup.

If I supply the name of the director but nothing else everything works fine.

I have a BASH script that logs into the client windows machine, extracts the
bacula-fd.conf using SMB and extracts the generated password and uses that to
create the client entry for the bacula-dir.conf

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager