Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Why does installing WinBacula NEVER work?

2012-03-16 10:22:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Why does installing WinBacula NEVER work?
From: Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:20:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Mingus Dew <shon.stephens AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>     I realize its kind of a strong subject line, but I seriously
> haven't gotten the windows FD to run on any platform in a very long
> time. It installs, the config looks good, but I ALWAYS on any platform
> (2k, 2k3, 2k8) get error 1067 Process quit unexpectedly.
>
>    Any ideas why it doesn't run?

I've only had to do the Windows version once or twice and had no problem, other than the password.  I found Windows couldn't handle a very complicated password for some reason.  Other than that, it worked pretty good.  I did notice that it would often stop working, and hold up the rest of my backups.  So, I ended up killing it since it was only for test/demonstration purposes anyway (to see if Bacula would work for ALL our potential backup needs-- including Windows.).  Fortunately, we don't have many Windows boxes needing backed up.
I could share my conf with you, if interested.  I know there were a few gotchas, but I can't remember off the top of my  head.