Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] exchange tapes with Backup-Exec

2012-03-09 04:17:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] exchange tapes with Backup-Exec
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Raven70 <l.donesana AT ecconsulting DOT it>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:15:20 +0100
Op 9/03/2012 9:16, Raven70 schreef:
> I'm a new starter with Bacula, I need to read some tapes written by Bacula
> with Backup-Exec 2010. I tryed to do this, but it seems that Backup-Exec
> can't read those tapes. On the Backup-Exec forums told me that BE can read
> all tapes written as .mtf format. My question is how can I made Bacula write
> tapes in mtf format ? Is that possible ??
Bacula uses its own unique format when writing to tapes/files.
You cannot change it to write in another format like mtf, and I doubt
that any other backup software (enterprise or alike) can read bacula's
formatting.

You'll have to restore using a bacula machine...

Regards,
Jeremy

 **** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm