Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] excluded folders being included in the backup

2012-03-08 16:04:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] excluded folders being included in the backup
From: Andrea Conti <alyf AT alyf DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 21:35:10 +0100
Hello,

> I've added exclude entries for most of the folders
> I don't want to back up but they're still being included,

Which folders are still being included? All of them or just some?

A lot of the "default" folders under windows 7 (for example 'Application
Data' and 'Local Settings' in every user directory) are really junction
points, i.e. a kind of link referring to some other folder: you are
probably excluding the junction points (which bacula does not descend
into anyway) instead of the actual folders.

You can use "dir /a" in a command prompt to quickly find out what
folders are really junctions and what they point to.

andrea