Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs only for Backup Jobs

2012-03-08 04:09:15
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs only for Backup Jobs
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Markus Kress <Markus.Kress AT gls-itservices DOT com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:07:24 +0100
Op 8/03/2012 9:09, Markus Kress schreef:
Hello

I did not understand how Maximum Concurrent Jobs works. In special the
sentence "Note, this directive limits only Jobs with the same name as the
resource in which it appears ".
I try to describe what I want. I have some jobs of type admin. They have to
be run before backup jobs in a defined sequence. After all admin jobs are
finihed, the backup jobs should start. The backup jobs (different clients)
should run concurrently. After the backup jobs are finished, verify jobs
should start. And after the verify, some other admin jobs should start in a
defined sequence. In other words: only the backup and verify jobs should
run concurrently, the admin jobs in a defined sequence before and after all
other jobs.
By default bacula will not run jobs with different priorities concurrently, so set different priorities for your different kinds of jobs. E.g.:
  • Admin job 1: 10
  • Admin job 2: 11
  • All backup jobs: 20
  • All Verify jobs: 30