Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO media type mixup

2012-03-05 09:19:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO media type mixup
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:17:49 +0100
On Mon, Mar 05, 2012 at 11:00:06AM +0100, Tilman Schmidt wrote:
> Makes sense. In that case, wouldn't it be better if the default
> bacula-sd.conf distributed with Bacula would just say
> "Media Type = LTO" for all the LTO devices? That would reduce
> the temptation to change that field when changing drives.

Well, 'Media Type' is misleading. It is more a 'Media Group'. every
medium in the same group can be requested on every SD that support that
'Media Group'. It doesn't actually have anything to do with the mediums
capabilities/size.

> Another question: Is there a way to fix the mix-up I've created?
> "update volume" doesn't let me change the media type. Can I just
> run the MySQL query
>   update Media set MediaType = 'LTO-2' where MediaType = 'LTO-1'
> or is there more to it?

Should work and worked elsewhere.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91