Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] jobs fail with various "broken pipe" errors

2012-02-27 10:24:51
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] jobs fail with various "broken pipe" errors
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: Christopher Hylarides <hylaride AT oanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:23:02 +0200
On Monday 27 February 2012 09:29:13 Christopher Hylarides wrote:
> I had a similar issue that was solved by tweaking my TCP-keepalives at
> the kernel level that my director was on (in my case Solaris).
>
> My case was on a LAN, but with over 300GB.  It would fail at exactly the
> same time.

Hi.

Thanks for the information. We use FreeBSD-based PF firewalls and all the
timeout values are on default in there and none of them is less than 15s:

tcp.first 120s
tcp.opening 30s
tcp.established 86400s
tcp.closing 900s
tcp.finwait 45s
tcp.closed 90s
tcp.tsdiff 30s

Any more guesses? May it be some hardware-related stuff?

--
Silver