Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Start / restart the windows bacula client remotely

2012-02-27 07:55:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Start / restart the windows bacula client remotely
From: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
To: Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:52:56 +0000
> Hi folks.
>
> I'm rolling out my new Bacula network and I'm working on automating the
> config process.
>
> I already have a script on my Linux server using smbclient to pull the bacula-
> fd.conf from the windows client, extract the password, and then configure
> the client in bacula-dir.conf.
>
> Sometimes, when the clients are installed, it doesn't set up the local monitor
> entry, leaving the default values for the name and password. The Bacual
> client then fails to start.
>
> As part of my script above, I fix the bacula-fd.conf and push it back to the
> windows client.
>
> Does anyone know how once I've done this I can start the service on the
> Windows client from my Linux server?

winexe can do this (in that it can do pretty much anything)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winexe/

If you find a more elegent solution please do post it. With winexe you would
execute something like "net start bacula-fd" to start the service, but getting
success or failure from that operation makes it a bit messy.

James