Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Start / restart the windows bacula client remotely

2012-02-27 05:28:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] Start / restart the windows bacula client remotely
From: Gary Stainburn <gary AT ringways.co DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 10:26:16 +0000
Hi folks.

I'm rolling out my new Bacula network and I'm working on automating the config
process.

I already have a script on my Linux server using smbclient to pull the
bacula-fd.conf from the windows client, extract the password, and then
configure the client in bacula-dir.conf.

Sometimes, when the clients are installed, it doesn't set up the local monitor
entry, leaving the default values for the name and password. The Bacual
client then fails to start.

As part of my script above, I fix the bacula-fd.conf and push it back to the
windows client.

Does anyone know how once I've done this I can start the service on the
Windows client from my Linux server?

--
Gary Stainburn
Group I.T. Manager