Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Release Bacula version 5.2.6

2012-02-22 09:38:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Release Bacula version 5.2.6
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-announce <bacula-announce AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:36:22 +0100
Hello,

This morning, we released Bacula version 5.2.6 to Source Forge.

You may be wondering why there have been so many releases of version
5.2.x.  It isn't because there are any problems, but rather that Bacula
Systems is now very well organized (with a new CEO and many new
employees) that I now have more time to work on Bacula, and that means
we are fixing more bugs, implementing new features and such.  The
results you will see when appropriate in releases.

At the end of 2011 Bacula Systems introduced a new service offering
specifically for existing community users called
the Bacula Enterprise Selective Migration Plan. This program is geared
towards IT shops and systems administrators who have deployed the
community version of Bacula and wish to professionalize their backup and
restore infrastructure using the Enterprise Edition.

The success of this plan surpassed our greatest expectations and
therefore we have decided to extend it until the 31st of March 2012!

The content of the offer remains the same and includes:

   -  Bacula Enterprise Edition (latest version available) and all
      updates and new while you are subscribed.

   -  1 plugin of your choice (see list in the current price list)

   -  1 day of remote consulting

   -  Migration to 4.0 White Paper

   -  Seats in our training courses (Admin I and/or II) at 50% discount.

You may find more details about this Selective Migration Plan on our
website at:

http://www.baculasystems.com/index.php/products/bee-selective-mig-plan.html

Below for your convenience, you will find the Release Notes.

Thanks for using Bacula.

Best regards,
Kern

                Release Notes for Bacula 5.2.6

   Bacula code: Total files = 1,110 Total lines = 231,439 (Using SLOCCount)

General:
--------
The 5.2.6 version is a bug fix release.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are upgrading directly from 5.0.3 to this version, please see the
important notices below for version 5.2.3, particularly
the database upgrade and the difference in packaging the
SQL shared libraries.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you store .bsr or .mail files in the Bacula working
directory, please be aware that they will all be deleted
each time the Director starts.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Compatibility:
--------------
  As always, both the Director and Storage daemon must be upgraded at
  the same time.

  Older 5.0.x and 3.0.x File Daemons are compatible with the 5.2.3
  Director and Storage daemons. There should be no need to upgrade
  older File  Daemons.

New Feature:
  - The restore tree cd command accepts wild cards within each
    part of a path. Wild cards apply only to a single part at a
    time: i.e. cd a*/b*/xx* will match abc/bcd/xxfxx
    but */xx* will not match the above filename.

Changes since 5.2.5:

17Feb12
  - Fix old exchange-fd plugin Accurate checkFile code.
  - Insert the slot field as a numeric field.
  - Fix #1831 by dropping the table before creating it
  - Make cd accept wildcards
  - Remove bad optimization from Accurate code
  - Lock read acquire in SD to prevent to read jobs getting the
    same thing
  - Implement more robust check in other drives for tape slot wanted
  - Fix lost dcr point -- memory loss in Copy/Migration + possible
    confusion
  - Ensure that bvfs SQL link is not shared
  - Fix error printing in acl and xattr code.
  - Backport better error debug output for sd plugins.
  - Add wait on bad connection for security
  - Make mtx-changer more fault tolerant
  - Fix 32/64 bit problems in SD sscanf commands
  - Skip certain filesystem types on some platforms.
  - Allow BVFS to browse and restore Base jobs
  - Add error message to .bvfs_clear_cache command
  - Fix plugin bug with multiple simultaneous jobs

Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
1831