Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running a job from the client.

2012-02-15 07:18:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running a job from the client.
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: Wassim Zaarour <wassim.zaarour AT navlink DOT com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:15:52 +0100
Op 15/02/2012 12:38, Wassim Zaarour schreef:
Hello.

Any ideas about giving the user on the client to ability to run his backup job?  this could be useful for mobile users using laptops who are not always present.

I know it can be done from bconsole but that would give the user full access  to bacula and I don’t want that.
You can set ACL's for a given console definition in the director's config. This way you can give a client access to only that bconsole, and specifically choose which jobs, clients, filesets, commands, etc he has access to.

See the bacula manual's bconsole entry (5.0.x) for more info. (or here for version 5.2.x)

Regards,
Jeremy

**** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm