Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Testing Bacula configuration files

2012-02-01 08:34:44
Subject: [Bacula-users] Testing Bacula configuration files
From: Joe Nyland <joenyland AT me DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:28:52 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I've trying to setup a verify jobs for my Bacula system.

Before releasing the configuration to the production server, I would like to simply verify the configuration file, to make sure I've not messed some of the configuration up somewhere.

From the manual, I have run:
sudo bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf

Nothing was returned from the command, so I presume it's ok. Just to make sure, I changed a few of the resources in the file, so that they were definitely invalid. I then re-ran the command above, but still nothing was returned...

Does anyone know why this would happen? I've not been able to find any bugs logged on bugs.bacula.org along these lines, so I presume I'm doing something wrong!

Kind regards,

Joe Nyland