Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] migrate db from mysql 5.1 to mysql 5.0?

2012-01-28 16:13:09
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] migrate db from mysql 5.1 to mysql 5.0?
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 16:11:38 -0500
On 01/28/2012 03:54 PM, pedro moreno wrote:
>  People is possible to migrate a bacula 5.0.x using MySQL 5.1.x to MySQL
> 5.0.x?
>
>  I had try using mysqldump on mysql 5.1 and move the file to the
> server running 5.0 but this process take to much time I stop the task
> and check my db but just have 1 table < 1MB.
>
>  Is possible to do this?

Well, you SHOULD be able to, via a dump-and-reload, but I'm a little
curious why you would ever want to.  5.0 has poorer performance, is
missing features relative to 5.1, and has reached the end of active
development and is now in extended support only (which is to say, only
critical bugs are being fixed).  It will probably be end-of-lifed this year.

If you're trying to do it via mysqldump and it's not working, it most
likely means you're doing something wrong.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.