Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.4 Major problems with Warnings jobs not added to catalog etc

2012-01-23 04:03:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.2.4 Major problems with Warnings jobs not added to catalog etc
From: Eric Bollengier <eric.bollengier AT baculasystems DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 10:01:28 +0100
Hello Stephen,

On 23/01/2012 09:08, Stephen G Carr wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Have anyone had similar problems with 5.2.4 with backup warnings - the
> MAJOR problem seems that the Backup is NOT added to the catalog and as I
> backup clients to disc and migrate full backups to tape I suspect these
> jobs will not be migrated - the jobs migration jobs run tonight.

I would be nice to not just "suspect" when you are reporting a potential
problem such as this one. Did you try to migrate new jobs? Did you get
any problem related to Bacula?

> I have reverted to 5.2.3 and reran the Full backups of those clients
> with warnings.
>
> I accept there will be "dodgy" files on Windows clients but would prefer
> the backup to treated as a valid backup with respect to adding it to the
> Catalog and as a job valid for migration.

The Warning job status is treated like the Ok status. Unless you are
writing your own queries to migrate jobs, you shouldn't have problems.
So, if you are using a custom query, you can just replace JobStatus =
'T' by JobStatus IN ('T', 'W') as we did in other part of Bacula.

Bye

--
Need professional help and support for Bacula ?
Visit http://www.baculasystems.com