Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Updating from debian package 5.0.2 to current version

2012-01-18 02:33:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Updating from debian package 5.0.2 to current version
From: Geert Stappers <Geert.Stappers AT vanadgroup DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:30:07 +0100
Op 20120117 om 15:08 schreef Richard Marnau:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering which steps I actually have to do to upgrade from the
> default debian repository bacula to the current version.
> I did download the current version and compiled (make / make install)
> the files. What are the next steps?
> Are there any database upgrades necessary?

More questions:

What does the Bacula Release notes say?
Which item in the Bacula Changelog triggered you to start an upgrade?
How went the upgrade of a Bacula client?
Where will you publish your success story?
Are you familiar with http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-bacula ?

> Cheers,
> Richard

Geert Stappers
In an attempt to say that Bacula is libre, not gratuit