Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] questions regarding FileSet { portable=yes|no }

2012-01-15 15:27:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] questions regarding FileSet { portable=yes|no }
From: starlight AT binnacle DOT cx
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:24:28 -0500
Dug into into the code and figured it out.

1) I was correct in thinking Windows backups
include the extended attribute "streams" as
Microsoft calls them.

2) Looks like the restore code detects when
the backup is a multi-stream Windows backup
and when the Windows API is not present,
and at that point sets portable mode
and presumably causes the alternate
stream data to be ignored so the regular
file data is restored correctly.  I didn't
follow the string all the way to the end
in the logic, but am assuming that since
it works that's what it's doing.