Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows VSS backup mystery

2012-01-10 13:05:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows VSS backup mystery
From: "Summers, James B. II" <jsummers AT ou DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 18:04:16 +0000
Most excellent.  I am going to research the actual necessity of the ost a
little more.  This is great to know, since it could be useful in the future to
exclude some really large or unneeded files.

Thanks Again

On Jan 10, 2012, at 11:42 AM, <starlight AT binnacle DOT cx>
 wrote:

> Found where it lives:
>
> HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToSnapshot
>
> OutlookOAB   $UserProfile$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*.oab
> OutlookOST   $UserProfile$\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*.ost
> RAC          %ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\*
>             %ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\*
>             %ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData\*
> WUA          %windir%\softwaredistribution\*.* /s
>
> Additional rules in
>
>   HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore tree.
>
> Much detail at
>
>   http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee923636%28WS.10%29.aspx

Jim Summers
University of Oklahoma