Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to copy Bacula volumes.. from NAS to Tape

2012-01-04 06:34:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to copy Bacula volumes.. from NAS to Tape
From: Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Rushdhi Mohamed <zmrushdhi AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 15:32:08 +0400
On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:49:32 +0530
Rushdhi Mohamed <zmrushdhi AT gmail DOT com> wrote:

[...]
> *Now we brought a new NAS storage(7TB) and going to store all the backups
> in NAS.. but still need to store all the backups also in tape.
> *
> *My problem is how to copy all the Bacula volumes to tape after all the
> jobs are done to NAS..
>
> Is it possible to copy Bacula voluems from NAS to tape.. if it is possible
> how to do the restoration using the tape..*
>
> if my problem is not clear pls let me knw .. pls some one help on this
Read about copy jobs [1].
To make them run after normal backup jobs you have to assign your copy jobs
lower priority.
Both storage devices (tape drive and NAS) have to be managed by the same
storage daemon (SD) for the copy jobs to be able to work.

1. http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/Migration_Copy.html