Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with bacula 5.2 and postgresql

2012-01-01 14:02:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem with bacula 5.2 and postgresql
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 19:59:58 +0100
On 01/01/2012 05:49 PM, Jon Schewe wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch
> <mailto:bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>> wrote:
>
>     On 01/01/2012 03:13 PM, Jon Schewe wrote:
>     > On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net
> <mailto:jpschewe AT mtu DOT net> <mailto:jpschewe AT mtu DOT net
>     <mailto:jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     My config worked fine with bacula 5.1. I just upgraded to 5.2.3
> with OpenSUSE 12.1. I can connect to my postgres database
>     >     with the username and password specified in bacula-dir.conf.
> However when I try and start bacula-dir all I get is:
>     >
>     >     bacula-dir: dird.c:951 Could not open Catalog "MyCatalog", database
> "bacula".
>     >
>     >     There is nothing in the postgres log files. There is no more
> information logged. What changed in 5.2 from 5.1 that breaks
>     >     the authentication?
>     >
>     > Got it working. It's the new packages for OpenSUSE that tripped me up.
> It seems that an upgrade didn't catch the fact that the
>     > packages changed and I needed to add bacula-catalog-postgresql for the
> database to work, so I didn't have a database backend
>     > installed.
>     >
>     > --
>     > Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
>     >

>     Jon from where did you get new packages (STABLE) for openSUSE 12.1 ?
>     seeing that name bacula-catalog-postgresql just proove me you are using
> the FACTORY (aka highly unstable "in terms of
>     packaging")
>

> From
> http://ftp.suse.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/Archiving:/Backup:/Factory/openSUSE_12.1
>  This is where I was told to get the
> updates for 11.4 as well. Where is there stable version then? I don't need to
> have the latest version of bacula, just a stable
> one for openSUSE.

There's none unfortunately.

The most stable I know are located here
http://www.dass-it.de/download/dassit-bacula-rpm-repositories-1

and certainly the 5.0.3 version, the 5.2 is inherited for the factory
repository and are less stable for sure.
but there's no build actually for the 11.4 nor 12.1

Sorry for that.

>     Don't use that in production, at any moment we can break them (and you
> can be assured that we will),
>     Did you really understand what (recently) the description of the project
> on obs state : experimental
>
>     If you want bacula 5.2.3 you can build it from source, pick any other way
> to have it. Or use those on Factory repo
>     be be aware there's no warranty at all !! They are broken at this moment
> and will be broken at least for 2 more weeks
>
>     If you reboot ldconfig will destroy the libbaccats symlink done and you
> have to issue
>     update-alternative --auto libbaccats-5.2.3.so
> <http://libbaccats-5.2.3.so> as a temporary fix
>
> Yeah, I saw that.
>

> --
> Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe