Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL Query Hang doing Incremental in 5.2.1

2011-11-22 10:25:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL Query Hang doing Incremental in 5.2.1
From: Mark Bober <bober AT wustl DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:22:48 -0600
I will if/when the installation gets larger again (at which point we may move
to the Commercial version finally); I'm down under 1 TB of Base backups now,
from a height of around 8TB. Honestly, Bacula's been so darn lightweight and
efficient for me the past 7+ years I never needed to bother - the only times
I've had any issue with it is when we had a machine with about 2TB of storage,
made up of up tens of millions of little JPGs.

At any rate; an 'optimize table File' fixed both the Restore issue and the
Incremental issue; it's back down to 'instantaneous' speed.

Mark Bober
Manager of Computational Services
Engineering IT - School of Engineering
Washington University in St. Louis