Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL Query Hang doing Incremental in 5.2.1

2011-11-21 21:49:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] MySQL Query Hang doing Incremental in 5.2.1
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 21:47:09 -0500
On 11/21/11 14:41, Mark Bober wrote:
> This is MySQL 5.1.52 on Scientific Linux 6.1, 64 bit. I'm using the
> my-huge.cnf in MySQL.

Evewn "my-huge" isn't really for very big servers these days.  Do
yourself a favor:  pick up a copy of O'Reilly High Performance MySQL and
learn how to tune the DB properly.  Tuning MySQL is less about how much
hardware you have than what your data load is, how it's stored, and what
your usage patterns are.

(Example:  I've seen servers with 10GB of MyISAM indexes, a 512MB MyISAM
key buffer, and a 100% key buffer hit rate.  Sure, only one twentieth of
their indexes would fit in the cache ...  but *those were the 1/20th
they were actively USING*.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.