Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] HELP : MySQL database lost - how best to restore data

2011-11-08 09:56:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] HELP : MySQL database lost - how best to restore data
From: Andrea Conti <alyf AT alyf DOT net>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 14:28:15 +0000
 On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 13:55:31 -0500, Win Htin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> If the bacula database is completely blown away but I still have the
> bootstrap file (*.bsr) what is the best method to re-install the
> bacula database? I think "bscan" is the way to go but am a bit
> confused with the explanations in the howto guide. The bare database
> has been re-created and I can get to the "bconsole" but of course
> commands like "update" or "list" will come back empty.

 Why bscan? You're trying to restore the last database backup, not to
 rebuild the database from the archives.

 If you have the bootstrap file of the last db backup, and the backup
 volume itself, you can simply restore the database dump file with
 bextract; then you just need to reload the file using mysql and you're
 good to go.

 If you also lost the db backup volumes, then you must use bscan -- but
 in that case you have no use for bootstrap files.

 andrea