Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental Pruning Full Backup?

2011-10-15 07:29:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Incremental Pruning Full Backup?
From: kandy kandy <kandy71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 07:27:42 -0400
Hi

I have created two jobs one for the incremental and one for the full backup
I have a single fileset and a single client per machine and a jobdefs per the inc and one for the full
now I would like to have a longer volume retention for files/volumes for the full backup and a shorter one for the incremental
Is it possible?
Which is th best way to do this?
I can post my configuration if needed

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 5:08 AM, Thomas Mueller <thomas AT chaschperli DOT ch> wrote:
On 14.10.2011 16:09, Henrique Machado wrote:

> I've migrated from bacula 3.0.3 to 5.0.3, and my bacula-dir.conf stay
> the same. But now, on this new version my Incremental backup looks like is
> pruning the Full Backup for this client:
>
> http://pastebin.ca/2090064
>
> Somebody have an idea?

The shortest retention wins. You've set Job/File Retention to 30 days.
After 30 days IMHO everything will be pruned.

If you want to have 2 months retention for the volumes set the Job/file
retention to something larger than 2 months.

- Thomas