Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] query for file sizes in a job

2011-10-07 14:11:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] query for file sizes in a job
From: Christian Manal <moenoel AT informatik.uni-bremen DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 20:09:48 +0200
Am 07.10.2011 19:43, schrieb John Drescher:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Jeff Shanholtz <jeffsubs AT shanholtz DOT
> com> wrote:
>> I appreciate that, but either you misunderstood what I'm trying to do or I
>> just can't seem to make sense of the search results I'm getting as they
>> apply to my issue. I did see one web page that decodes the base64 string
>> from a member of this mailing list, but that operates on a single base64
>> string, not on a whole job (and even if it did, I don't know how to get
>> bacula to tell me the base64 strings).
>>
>> I want to either get a full list of files from a job complete with file
>> sizes so I can sort on the file sizes, or query for files greater than a
>> certain size. I also probably should have mentioned that I'm stuck on Bacula
>> v3.03 because it runs on a windows server.
>>
>> Could you be a little more specific on what kind of answer I'm looking for
>> in the google results?
>>

> I believe you need to write a query that for every file it decodes the
> base64 strings. I remember this discussion although it has been a long
> time so I do not remember the details. I would normally try to track
> this down and help you out however I am swamped so for now this is all
> I can do..
>
> John

You are correct. There is a field called 'lstat' in the 'file' table
that contains base64 encoded file attributes. The file size is somewhere
in there. I think the function in the bacula source to decode that
base64 string is called 'decode_stat' (don't know where it sits exactly;
grep should help).

Regards,
Christian Manal