Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] error backing up Exchange 2003

2011-10-05 19:09:52
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] error backing up Exchange 2003
From: shouldbe q931 <shouldbeq931 AT gmail DOT com>
To: James Harper <james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 00:07:23 +0100
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:05 PM, James Harper
<james.harper AT bendigoit.com DOT au> wrote:
>> > In Exchange 2010, circular logging is the default.
>> >

>> Circular logging is NOT the default in Exchange 2010
>>

> I think that's not true for Small Business Server 2011 (which includes
> Exchange 2010). I'm pretty sure that by default it is on for SBS 2008
> too (Exchange 2007). This means you can take your regular "Windows
> Backup" snapshot backups without worrying about the disk filling up due
> to excessive logfiles, and I guess is considered "good enough" for SBS
> users...
>
> James

The backup in SBS (2008 and 2011) is a full VSS aware backup, it
flushes the logs...

I've just checked my VM installs of both 2008 and 2011 and they both
have circular logging disabled, both of them are apart from the normal
updates, exactly as per the Microsoft wizards that are run during
setup.