Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] SD does not create a volume file

2011-09-29 01:50:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] SD does not create a volume file
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:48:21 +0300
Hi.

I use Bacula DIR 5.0.3 on FreeBSD and Bacula SD 5.0.3 on Debian. I use
file-based volumes, one job per volume.

The SD just got migrated from the same FreeBSD to Debian a while ago and
Debian SD has different MediaType directive in Device resource, so every
time the backup runs, it starts prompting for an appendable volume.
That's OK, because I've got a cron job in place that just deletes the
oldest volume from the pool.

The problem is that now should SD create a new volume file and use it,
but it does not. SD gives this error:
"Warning: mount.c:221 Open device "device-consus" (/mnt/backup/bacula)
Volume "catalog-full-5458" failed: ERR=dev.c:549 Could not open:
/mnt/backup/bacula/catalog-full-5458, ERR=No such file or directory"

I've checked that the directory and file permissions are all OK. Once I
touch the file with correct owner and mount the storage in bconsole, the
job starts running.

Any idea why can't SD create the volume file?

--
Silver