Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full backups and off-sites

2011-09-21 13:43:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full backups and off-sites
From: Rodrigo Renie Braga <rodrigorenie AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 14:41:25 -0300

2011/9/16 Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
If I read the manual correctly, you'll need to have two tape drives
connected to the same machine if you want to create an off-site copy
that way. Is there a viable solution for off-site backups with only one
tape drive?

Yes, you're right, you need to have 2 tape drives to create a copy job, which is my case... I forgot about that...

With only one tape drive, the only solution is to backup on disk first and Copy to tapes later, but I guess it's not what you want...