Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Yet another 'Invalid command ".messages"' on restore

2011-09-21 10:30:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Yet another 'Invalid command ".messages"' on restore
From: Marcio Merlone <marcio.merlone AT a1.ind DOT br>
To: Marcello Romani <mromani AT ottotecnica DOT com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:28:20 -0300
Em 21-09-2011 11:04, Marcello Romani escreveu:
I suppose you're referring to Bat. If yes,
Sorry, yes. :)

do the following: Settings => Preferences Uncheck "Check messages", or leave it checked but insert a very long interval (like 3600 seconds)
Have done ages ago, no luck.

below. This is not enough, though. If you have unread messages you'll still get the error on restore. Open an ssh (i.e. command line) connection to the bacula server. Launch the bconsole command and type the "messages" command. This will clear the unread messages queue in bacula. Now you can connect with BAT restore files without the ".messages" error. This is the procedure that currently works for me. HTH
Good tip, but it is a workaround, not a solution. What is the solution?

--
Marcio Merlone