Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: Backing up lvm snapshots?

2011-09-19 16:24:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: Backing up lvm snapshots?
From: Tobias Schenk <tobias AT die-schenks DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:22:20 +0200
Oh, sorry, I really got confused with this mail.

Hello,

thank you for the comments regarding readlink. Unfortunately, it does
not work :(
if I do:
bash>readlink /dev/vmguests/backup
I get:
../dm-6

I was suspicous about the relative path but this can be healed by adding -f:
bash>readlink -f /dev/vmguests/backup
/dev/vmguests/dm-6

With this new weapon I changed the File = directive as described in your
mails: File = "| readlink /dev/vmguests/backup".
I open bconsole, do reload, do run, select job ... and get 89 bytes
backuped.
( I tested also the -f variant)

I cross checked by changing File= "/dev/dm-6". This saves 4.4GB of data.

My guess is that the link does not yet exist when the Fileset is parsed.
How can I find out about this. Can I raise the log level to see the
parsed version of File= ?

Thank you for any advice,
Tobias