Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Nuking the database entries for certain SDs

2011-09-06 13:44:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] Nuking the database entries for certain SDs
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 19:24:28 +0200 (CEST)
Hi all

After a good portion of bad luck with a freak combination of some
less-than-ideal WD drives and a set of LSI SAS controllers/expanders, I seem to
need to start over for at least two of my SDs. To cut the story short, the WD
drives were kicked out by ZFS, usually quite a few on the same
backlane/expander. The net result is that two zpools are quite unusable and the
drives are being replaced by Hitachi drives (that have shown stable in other,
similar setups, also where the WDs failed). Now, it's no use crying over spilt
milk, some backups are gone, but we have snapshots back in time of the most
important data. Still, I don't want to start over from scratch on all SDs at
once. One (smallish) SD is released already, and I want to start off with that,
nuking whatever info for that SD and the servers backing up there. Later, when
I see that works, I'll start with the second, and finally, if I need to, I'll
scratch the third and follow the same procedure. The smallish tos-backup's data
is declared gone, and the zpool is replaced.

Ss, how do I do this? Is it sufficient to just remove the "tapes" from the
media library? If so, should I use purge, delete or prune? What is the
difference? And lastly, should I stick to bconsole for this type of job?

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk