Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Full-Job gets killed by time limit

2011-08-31 10:38:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Full-Job gets killed by time limit
From: Uwe Bolick <bolick AT astro.physik.tu-berlin DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:36:01 +0200
Thank you for your reply.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 03:40:58PM +0200, Marcello Romani wrote:
> > Bacula has a hardcoded time limit on jobs of 6 days. Kern called it an
> > "insanity check" as any job that runs that long isn't all that useful...
> >
> > See
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
> > net/msg20159.html
> > for a discussion on the mailing list from the past, and a pointer on
> > where to change the time limit in the code if you wish.
> >

> I suggest emitting a warning on service startup if the user sets a max
> run time greater than this hardcoded limit.

I know this discussion, but I remember e-mails in later discussions,
saying that this becomes configurable. (But perhaps my memory misled
me.) And the only configuration I can find in the docs, looking
appropriate for this task, are the MaxRunTime variables.

And no, there are no warnings or errors.
This is the output from test with debugging on, I am using to check my
configuration:

> bacula-dir: dird.c:719-0 Job "data.ground.astep", field "fullmaxruntime":
> getting default.
> bacula-dir: dird.c:781-0 Job "data.ground.astep", field "fullmaxruntime"
> def_lvalue=1209600 item 31 offset=224

Looks fine for me...

--
 Uwe Bolick