Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula changes volume status from append to used. Why?

2011-08-17 08:02:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula changes volume status from append to used. Why?
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 04:57:35 -0700
On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 13:23 +0200, Stefan Michael Guenther wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we like to backup 18 different hosts on one tape. After the last job has
> finished, Bacula should close the tape.
> The problem is that Bacula closes the volume already after the first (!)
> job, so that the next job waits for an appendable volume.
>
> We changed the status of the volume from "used" to "append" in the bconsole,
> canceled the current job and expected the next job to use the appendable
> volume.
> But instead Bacula switched the volume status back up "used" and again we
> have a job waiting for a volume.
>
> Here is the configuration of the pool:
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Dienstag
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Volume Retention = 8 days
>   Maximum Volume Bytes = 800G
>   Maximum Volumes = 2
>   Maximum Volume Jobs = 18
>   UseVolumeOnce = yes
>   RecyclePool = Dienstag
> }
>
> Why doesn't Bacula save 18 jobs on the volume and why does is change the
> volume status?
>
> Thanks for any hints or suggestions,
----
after you make changes to the Pool resource you must either restart the
daemons or reload to ensure that the changes are incorporated. You must
also 'update the Volume from the Pool Resource' since Volumes that
already exist already have their settings and won't change otherwise.

Craig

believed to be clean.