Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula changes volume status from append to used. Why?

2011-08-17 07:39:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula changes volume status from append to used. Why?
From: Stefan Michael Guenther <s.guenther AT in-put DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:23:28 +0200
Hello,

we like to backup 18 different hosts on one tape. After the last job has
finished, Bacula should close the tape.
The problem is that Bacula closes the volume already after the first (!)  job,
so that the next job waits for an appendable volume.

We changed the status of the volume from "used" to "append" in the bconsole,
canceled the current job and expected the next job to use the appendable volume.
But instead Bacula switched the volume status back up "used" and again we have
a job waiting for a volume.

Here is the configuration of the pool:

Pool {
  Name = Dienstag
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 8 days
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 800G
  Maximum Volumes = 2
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 18
  UseVolumeOnce = yes
  RecyclePool = Dienstag
}

Why doesn't Bacula save 18 jobs on the volume and why does is change the volume
status?

Thanks for any hints or suggestions,

Stefan