Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Dell Powervault 124T

2011-08-08 08:51:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Dell Powervault 124T
From: Craig White <craigwhite AT azapple DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 05:46:14 -0700
On Mon, 2011-08-08 at 04:35 -0700, lokinc wrote:
> I got past that point without changing the mtx script. But now I get a
> different error when running the autochanger test in btape.
>
> Do you wish to continue with the Autochanger test? (y/n): y
>

> === Autochanger test ===
>
> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded" command.
> Slot 1 loaded. I am going to unload it.
> 3302 Issuing autochanger "unload 1 0" command.
> unload status=OK 0
> 3303 Issuing autochanger "load 1 0" command.
> 3993 Bad autochanger command: /usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/changer
> load 1 /dev/st0 0
> 3993 result="Loading media from Storage Element 1 into drive 0...done
> ": ERR=Child died from signal 15: Termination
> You must correct this error or the Autochanger will not work.
>
> Anyone know how to get rid of this problem?
----
forgetting bacula for a second... can you actually run mtx yourself?

mtx -f /dev/changer unload 1 0

I think not... sounds like there isn't any /dev/changer - try it a
different way...

mtx -f /dev/sg? unload 1 0

Obviously replace /dev/sg? with whichever your autoloader identifies as
which should be identifiable with 'cat /proc/scsi/scsi'

If that command is working outside of bacula, you should then know how
to configure bacula-sd.conf which then should make the autochanger test
work within bacula

Craig