Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula and Dell Powervault 124T

2011-08-03 02:55:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula and Dell Powervault 124T
From: lokinc <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 23:53:05 -0700
Ok, so i've got it working now, but I run into 1 problem. When I run this:
# btape /dev/nst0
Tape block granularity is 1024 bytes.
btape: butil.c:285 Using device: "/dev/nst0" for writing.
03-Aug 10:49 btape JobId 0: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded? drive 0" command.
03-Aug 10:49 btape JobId 0: 3302 Autochanger "loaded? drive 0", result: nothing
loaded.
03-Aug 10:49 btape: Fatal Error at device.c:298 because:
dev open failed: dev.c:491 Unable to open device "LTO5" (/dev/nst0): ERR=No
medium found

I know this is because there is not tape in there. I thought it would run
without it.

If the tape is in the drive I run into the problem where it wants to test the
autochanger. Then I tell it yes and I get this:

=== End Forward space files test ===

Ah, I see you have an autochanger configured.
To test the autochanger you must have a blank tape
 that I can write on in Slot 1.

Do you wish to continue with the Autochanger test? (y/n): y

=== Autochanger test ===

3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded" command.
Nothing loaded in the drive. OK.
3303 Issuing autochanger "load 1 0" command.

It just sits there doing nothing, I guess it is supposed to remove the tape
from the drive and put the tape from slot 1 into the drive but that doesn't
seem to happen