Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Upgrade from Debian Lenny to Squeeze (2.4.4 to 5.0.2)

2011-08-05 12:08:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Upgrade from Debian Lenny to Squeeze (2.4.4 to 5.0.2)
From: Henry Jensen <hjensen AT gmx DOT de>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 18:05:54 +0200
Hello,

we are about to upgrade our servers from Debian Lenny to Squeeze which
includes an upgrade from Bacula 2.4.4 to 5.0.2.

We have one Bacula director running with PosgreSQL as database backend
and two with sqlite3.

Had anyone the same combination and did an upgrade? Are there any
issues I must be aware of? Are the databases converted correctly?

Can the Bacula 2.4.4 file daemon talk to the 5.0.2 director? - I know
that the 5.0.2  file daemon can't talk to the 2.4.4 director which is
why I use a forward-ported 2.4.4 file daemon on the already upgraded
machines.

A web search showed up only some bug reports regarding backported
packages but nothing about the regular dist-upgrade Lenny->Squeeze.

Regards,

Henry