Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bscan does not find correct Job

2011-08-05 10:16:18
Subject: [Bacula-users] bscan does not find correct Job
From: Joosep <joosepm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 17:13:55 +0300
Hi list!

I have a strange problem. I managed to destroy my bacula database and i'm now trying to restore the database from tape backups with bscan.
Every backup is several terabytes large and is on multiple LTO3 and LTO4 tapes. System is Debian 6.0 running 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel and bacula version 5.0.3.

I'm running bscan with following parameters:

bscan -m -n bacula -u bacula -P dbpwd -s -V "110023L3" /dev/st0

For first tape of the backup everything goes correctly and the job and media info in the database is updated.
All the subsequent tapes will give similar error message throughout the scan(many-many-many times):

bscan: bscan.c:649 Could not find Job for SessId=2 SessTime=1265195189 record.

bscan ends with these messages:

05-Aug 16:36 bscan JobId 0: End of Volume at file 645 on device "Robot" (/dev/st0), Volume "110023L3"
bscan: bscan.c:337-0 ========== JobId=0 ========
05-Aug 16:36 bscan JobId 0: End of all volumes.
bscan: bscan.c:637 End of all Volumes. VolFiles=645 VolBlocks=0 VolBytes=644,506,817,769
Records added or updated in the catalog:
      1 Media
      1 Pool
      0 Job
      0 File

Media info in the database is updated, but not the Job info.
When i look into the database, i see, that the job, that was created with the first tape, has correct SessId and SessTime(i.e. SessId=2 SessTime=1265195189).

Am i doing something wrong? Why aren't the tapes linked to the job?  Is there any way to force the bscan to link the tape to the correct job?

Any hints are welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Joosep