Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Debian Packaging Questions -- SQL Queries

2011-08-04 12:31:48
Subject: [Bacula-users] Debian Packaging Questions -- SQL Queries
From: C M Reinehr <cmr AT amsent DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:52:19 -0500
Several months ago, as a part of upgrading my server from Lenny to Squeeze, I
upgraded Bacula from v2.4 to v5.0. After making a few configuration changes
all seemed to be operating within normal parameters. But, at some point I
noticed that my query.sql file was empty.

Before I copy over the sample-query.sql I would like to ask if this is normal
or did I experiance a hicup in my upgrade? There is a big warning at the top
of the sample-query.sql file that these queries may not work for all sql
engines. My sql skills are rudimentary so I'd rather not spend hours debugging
these scripts if there's an easier way to repair this. (I'm using SQLite3 and,
before you say anything, I'll just say that it works for me. :-)

A second question, which may be related to the above, is in regard to certain
bconsole commands. For example, when I try to use the update volume command,
eventually I'm offered the opportunity to enter either the MediaId or Volume
name. If I enter a MediaId I receive the following error: 'sql_get.c:1062
Media record for Volume "XXXX" not found.' If I enter the full Volume name the
command works as expected. This started happening after the upgrade, so, is
this another hicup and, if so, could you point me to a solution? (Add an
index? Populate the query.sql file?)

Thanks in advance!

cmr
--
Debian 'Lenny' - Registered Linux User #241964
--------