Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Python in bacula

2011-08-04 09:09:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Python in bacula
From: Hugo Letemplier <hugo.let.35 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 15:06:31 +0200
Hi

I am begining with Python scripting.

I imagine to have monitoring/management scripts for bacula coded with python.
Indeed Bash is not very easy to manage bacula object concepts ( jobs
schedule … )

First i saw that bacula can execute python code according to internal events

Is there a library for python that contain class description for
bacula content ?

Can I directly call python methods that will communicate with Director
or database ?

Immagine that I want to update my volumes parameters via python
Whithout sending commands to bconsole ?

I dont like so much to use bconsole in script because it's not always
easy to do what you want.
Also I dont like to access directly the database because it's internal
to the bacula functionment.

How can I do that kind of stuff ?

I would like to drive Bacula with python like I can do it with
bconsole. Is this possible ?

Thanks