Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: autlabel & enable VSS

2011-07-14 05:03:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Re: autlabel & enable VSS
From: "John Malone" <john.malone AT bristol.gov DOT uk>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "Jeremy Maes" <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 09:59:53 +0100
Jeremy,

Thanks, very helpful.

The Enable VSS command gives me an error wherever I put it.

John

>>> Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be> 07:43 14/07/2011 >>>
 Op 13/07/2011 15:39, John Malone schreef:
Hi,

Could somebody please tell me where the 2 commands "Enable VSS = yes" and "Autolable = yes" should go?

"Enable VSS = yes" goes into the FileSet definition for your Windows systems in bacula-dir.conf.

To enable automatic labeling you have to add "LabelMedia = yes" to the relevant Device definition in bacula-sd.conf. If you want bacula to automatically generate the labels following a format of your choosing you have to add a "LabelFormat = SomeFormat" to your Pool definitions. Bacula will automatically append the format with a numberstring. Check the manual for other ways of defining a specific label format.

Have I got the syntax and spelling right?
"Autolable" should be "LabelMedia" :)

Regards,
Jeremy

**** DISCLAIMER ****