Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs and multiple volume readers

2011-07-05 06:27:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Concurrent Jobs and multiple volume readers
From: Jan Behrend <jbehrend AT mpifr-bonn.mpg DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 12:24:01 +0200
On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 09:03 +0200, Uwe Mohn wrote:
> I'd suggest using different prioritys for your virtual fulls since
> bacula won't start a job with a higher bacula priority (means lesser
> importance)
> before a job with a lower bacula priority (means higher importance) has
> terminated. For example the virtual Full you want to run first priority = 11
> for the second one priority = 12 and so on.

Very good idea.  I thought about this and got to the conclusion that
this method does not scale too well:  I would have to add an additional
(virtualFull) job for every client and coordinate all priorities of
these jobs: I.e. If I create a new client I need to check for a new, not
occupied "priority slot".  All in all I think this would work, but I am
not yet willing to give up in favor of a simpler solution I do not see.

Thanks for your answer.
Cheers Jan

--
MAX-PLANCK-INSTITUT fuer Radioastronomie
Jan Behrend - Rechenzentrum