Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Max Run Time?

2011-03-22 05:04:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Max Run Time?
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:01:49 +0100
Hey

Either I am misinterpreting something concerning the Max Run Time directive, or there's a bug in checking it.

Manual says:
Max Run Time = <time> The time specifies the maximum allowed time that a job may run, counted
from when the job starts, (not necessarily the same as when the job was scheduled).

Now my backupcatalog resource has the following wait and other times defined:
Max Run Time = 1h
Max Start Delay = 15h
Max Run Sched Time = 15h
Now I'm kinda baffled to see the job cancelled yesterday with this in the mailreport:
21-Mar 22:54 blabla-dir JobId 16: Fatal error: Max run time exceeded. Job canceled.

  Scheduled time:         21-Mar-2011 21:10:00
  Start time:             21-Mar-2011 23:59:33
  End time:               21-Mar-2011 23:59:33
What am I missing? Scheduled times and start times are naturally apart because the regular backup and verify jobs run before the catalog backup.
But why the discrepancy between the notification of cancellation and the start time (like an hour before?) and the run time of, what seems to me, 0s total?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jeremy Maes

Schaubroeck Informatica - Dienst Support
Schaubroeck nv, Steenweg Deinze 154, 9810 Nazareth
tel: 09/389.05.29 - e-mail: jma AT schaubroeck DOT be

**** DISCLAIMER ****
http://www.schaubroeck.be/maildisclaimer.htm