Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mtx errors while Dell PV 124T calibrating

2011-03-04 08:32:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mtx errors while Dell PV 124T calibrating
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 13:29:45 +0000 (GMT)
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:

> I've noticed the following error with a new tape library.
> While moving the tape with mtx the web gui shows the move as succeeded,
> but then moves to show it as 'calibrating'. When it does this, mtx
> reports the error below. Has anyone notice this, and is there anything
> to be done?

I'm experiencing it right now, thanks to a tachometer failure in my
library.

There's nothing which can be done on the bacula side.

The best thing to do is shut down bacula and run a full recalibration
routine on the library so it relearns the exact offsets for each
slot/drive. How to do this is different for every library maker and it's
likely to take quite a while, depending how many slots you have.

--
The real metric of thumb drives: "Will it Survive a Tumble in the Wash?".