Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Include Dir Containing?

2011-03-03 13:30:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Include Dir Containing?
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:27:31 GMT

> Here's one issue you're going to run into if you do it by "including"
> rather than excluding:
> First, either way you're going to have to use "ignore fileset changes =
> yes".  If you don't do that you'll find that you get a full backup every
> single time.  Usually that's not what is wanted.

I don't think that is true with the proposed File = "\\|..." forms.  The
fileset only "changes" when you edit the text of the fileset definition, not
when the script finds different files.

> Now suppose you do a full backup on March 1.  On March 10, a user then
> decides some old files that weren't being backed up before should be backed
> up.  The files are all timestamped prior to March 1.  The end result is
> that they won't get backed up until the next full backup.  If you do full
> backups frequently you might not care much about it but you should be aware
> of it.

This problem occurs with the excluding approach too, but is solved by using
the Accurate backup options (it compares the filenames as well as using the
timestamps).

__Martin