Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] DebianSqueeze Installation Issue

2011-03-03 12:51:53
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] DebianSqueeze Installation Issue
From: Dene Stringfellow <support AT ridgedale.co DOT uk>
To: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory AT campbell-lange DOT net>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 17:48:35 +0000
Rory,

Thank you for the feedback and links. I will look into PostgreSQL when I get a moment.

Regards

Dene

On 28/02/2011 16:27, Rory Campbell-Lange wrote:
Hi Dene

If you are already running MySQL on the server and you are familiar with
administering it, that is probably the best RDMS to use.

Choosing one over the other is the subject of many flamewars. There are
some notes here: http://www.wikivs.com/wiki/MySQL_vs_PostgreSQL and
http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Installing_Configuring_Post.html

We use Postgresql for a number of large web applications and we have
found it very robust and easily upgradeable over several versions. We
also make extensive use of stored procedures.

Regards
Rory

--

Ridgedale Communications Limited
2 School Road, West Hanney, Wantage, Oxfordshire, OX12 0LA, UK

registration details:
name – Ridgedale Communications Limited
address – Murray House, 58 High Street, Biddulph, Stoke-on-Trent, ST8 6AR, UK
number – England 3879827

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and it attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential. If they come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone; please reply to the e-mail and highlight the error.

SECURITY WARNING: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us.

VIRUSES: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

Get Thunderbird