Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] upgrading bacula problem with mysql

2011-03-02 16:49:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] upgrading bacula problem with mysql
From: Phil Stracchino <alaric AT metrocast DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:46:04 -0500
On 03/02/11 16:13, Maria Mckinley wrote:
> For some reason, the director no longer crashes when I try to log in to
> bconsole. But, bacula can still not log in to mySQL, even though I can
> log in at the command line with the exact same name and password. What
> else does bacula need besides the correct username/password to log into
> the MySQL database?

That's a very good question.  Does the MySQL error log (assuming logging
is enabled) tell you anything?  Are you logging in from the same host on
which bacula runs?

What does the following SQL statement return?

SHOW GRANTS FOR `bacula`@`address`;

where address is either 'localhost' or the IP of your Bacula server?
This is really sounding as though you have an authentication problem.
Try changing the Bacula catalog password, both in MySQl and in bacula,
to something braindead-simple like 'TEST', then flush privileges in
MySQL and restart bacula, and see if it'll connect.

co.ordinate DOT org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.