Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] File Set Problem - Compression is ignored

2011-01-17 05:23:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] File Set Problem - Compression is ignored
From: Mister IT Guru <misteritguru AT gmx DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:20:35 +0000
Dear List,

I have the following fileset definition

FileSet {
   Name = CD-Windows
   Include {
     Options {
         Compression=GZIP
         }
     File = C:/
     File = D:/
     Options {
     }

Notice the compression option

Below is a snippet of the output from a job that just completed with
this fileset

Scheduled time:17-Jan-2011 10:06:35
Start time:17-Jan-2011 10:06:42
End time:17-Jan-2011 10:11:59
Elapsed time:5 mins 17 secs
Priority:10
FD Files Written:119
SD Files Written:119
FD Bytes Written:789,442,610 (789.4 MB)
SD Bytes Written:789,460,608 (789.4 MB)
Rate:2490.4 KB/s
Software Compression:None

Imagine my surprise when this turned up. Where else do I need to check
to ensure that my backups are actually compressed?

--
The Solo System Admin - Follow me - I follow you
http://solosysad.blogspot.com/