Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about shedule

2011-01-12 06:55:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about shedule
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:53:03 GMT

> QUESTION 4: why is it usefull to make differential backups instead of
> all incremental backup?

Restore is faster with differential backups because you only need Full +
latest Diff rather than Full + Incr1 + Incr2 + Incr3 + ... latest Incr.

That also makes differential backups slightly safer (especially if you are
using tapes) because you have less chance of losing or damaging the media.

> QUESTION 5: I read bacula user manual but found nothing about shedule
> sintax. If you have any link, please paste it here.

See "The Schedule Resource"

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/Configuring_Director.html#SECTION001850000000000000000

__Martin