Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about shedule

2011-01-12 06:34:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about shedule
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:31:58 +0000
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:19:31PM +0100, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> Could you please help me understunding how shedule works?
>
> Analize this example from the wiki:
>
> Schedule {
>         Name = "ScheduleTest"
>         Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
>         Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
>         Run = Incremental mon-sat at 23:05
> }

I can't seem to find schedule documentation either. I'm sure I've seen it
at one time.

Anyway, here is my interpretation of ScheduleTest.

Run a Full on the first Sunday of each month at 23:05.
Run a Differential on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Sunday of each month as 23:05.
Run an Incremental every Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat at 23:05.

So, a backup happens everyday.
On Sundays, the backup is Differential, unless it is the first Sunday of the
month, which is a Full.