Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 1st post ... general user question b4 install

2011-01-06 20:36:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] 1st post ... general user question b4 install
From: lance raymond <lance.raymond AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 20:31:54 -0500
Hey to all on the list, sorry for such a basic high level question, but due to time issues, I am reading the docs and posting at the same time.

I have around 1T of storage compressed (numerous servers, websites, database, etc.) and around 1 1/2T to store so I can't do a live copy of the files nor can I keep more than 1 full copy.  The old backup system is not in good condition and I would like to have the following;

Initial image of key folders per server, then nightly incremental updates.  You just can't do that with basic tools, so can bacula from a central box go out nightly, and update in that way (I did say it was a high level).

The readings pro vs con with AMANDA always comes up with the setup and learning curve 1st (it was an amanda site).  The primary server is an older RH box, no X, so most of the work will be done either CLI or if there is a webmin plugin or another web GUI that can be used and is recommended, it will be configured that way.

Thanks and looking forward to the replies and other posts as I learn this new app...